Monday 31 May 2010

Samsung M8800 screen freeze fix

Samsung M8800 faulty screen freeze fix


Problem: My phone freezes and I am not able to use any of the services. Sometimes its wrong icon responding. I cannot read my mail, open my phonebook or anything at all. What could be the problem and how do I solve the problem
Solution: Hello Guys. I have the same problem and I found out the solution. The problem is a faulty contact from the touchscreen leading to the phone board. To be short: on the right side of the phone were the volume buttons are, under the touchscreen is the screen's contact. Try "detaching the screens face a little from the phone body exactly at the volume down button(using ur fingernail or something) and see if the touchscreen is responding in anyway. My phone has a bad contact there, and in normal mode all is frozen. Now if I try to pull towards me, the touchscreen frame from the rest of the chassis, only a mm SURPRISE!! My touchscreen is working. IF this is your case too...I suggest get a screw-driver and open the chassis, and trying to make the connection permanent, somehow. I haven't done this yet, but will do it today. If anyone is interested I could post the results:) PS: you can send it back to warranty of a repair phone shop, only to force you to buy a new touchscreen and pay for the repairs, on a 99% working phone, with a faulty contact. The choice is yours:)













2 comments:

  1. thank you so very much, it is the wife's phone and she was panicing about the photo's, i haven't yet taken it apart but just flexed it top and bottom near volume buttons and it came back on, once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran my fimger nail between the plastic frame and the screen and the screen started responding again.

    ReplyDelete